Saturday, 17 September 2016

When I Have A Daughter

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That the only man on Earth
That will truly ever love her
Might only be her father?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That despite what I tell her about beauty
The world will continue to judge her
By the size of her jeans and breasts?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That witches and evil
Can dwell in beautiful bodies
Like the people whom she call friends?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
To be courageous and kind
When her naivete
Might be the cause to her destruction?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That first kisses are not magical
And the guy who's lucky enough to get it
Is not her knight in shining armour?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That dreams don't come true
That fairy tales don't exist
And that happy endings don't come
With bibbidy babbedy boo?

When I have a daughter
God how do I tell her
That she might be talented in so many ways
But her male counterparts will always win
Due to their domineering strength
Hanging balls in their pants
And the misogynistic nature of her government?

When I have a daughter
Oh God how do I tell her
That I knew the world wasn't good enough for her
But I had the heart to bring her here
And that I was too selfish
Because I loved her too dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment